In order to provide awareness of this safety issue, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide to educate consumers of the risks of unsecured flat panel TVs. They are offering safe solutions for families by reducing TV tip-related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
SANUS TV Mounting:
- Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walk-through of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
SANUS is generously offering one of our readers a chance to win a TV mount! Winner can choose between a tilting, full position or fixed position mount to fit their TV size. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter form below. This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents until Friday, July 26, 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This post is solely for the purpose of creating awareness for SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide's flat panel TV safety initiative. Note that SwankMama does not accept responsibility for sponsors that do not fulfill their giveaway duties. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 48 hours to respond, otherwise, a new winner will be chosen at random.