- Maintain a good daily dental care routine including brushing and flossing
- Eat a balanced diet
- Visit your dentist for a thorough exam to monitor and address any issues early on
Other ways you can teach your child and prevent tooth decay are:
- Clean your baby’s mouth with a soft wet cloth
- Brush your child’s teeth as soon as the first tooth appears and make sure you lift his/her lip to brush along the gum line
- Don’t let your baby/child fall asleep with a bottle or sippy cup filled with anything other than water. Even milk has sugar, which can lead to baby bottle tooth decay
- Develop a routine and make brushing fun!
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by the BC Dental Association via SheBlogs. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of the BC Dental Association.